Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finals May Make You Ugly, but Winter Break Doesn't

Jacket - Grey Antics
Dress - T by Alexander Wang
Shoes - Pour La Victoire
Necklace - Laura Lombardi

The best part about the holidays... dressing for them. I wore this number for my (ex) work Christmas party and after two weeks of straight studying for finals, I was relieved to actually wear something other than smelly, Fabreeze soaked baggy clothes. I just bought this jacket, even though I have absolutely no money due to my lack of employment, and am currently obsessed with wearing it with everything. One good thing about not having a job and my own money to spend, is I actually have gotten to be more explorative with my existing clothes instead of going and buying something that looks just like what I already have.

Speaking of finals, they almost killed me. Not because they were too hard or I didn't have enough time to complete them, but, rather, I spent far too much time Facebook stalking. I only bring it up because everyone I talk to about finals pretty much has the same issue. I know when I was sitting on my computer with only my name typed on what was supposed to be a near completed 12pg document on women's history and the Feminine Mystique, I was on my Facebook home screen literally watching for new posts to roll in. Not good. Then I came across this article that tells about a way to actually suspend any use appropriately called "Anti-Social." The first step is admitting you have a problem, and the next is taking action! Next quarter I'm quitting my stalking habits cold turkey.

Find the article "Stop Me Before I Facebook Again" via NPR here.

No comments:

Post a Comment